Many employers now require drug testing before they employ new staff members.
You may even be selected at random during your time of employment for a drug test by your employer if they suspect, or have evidence that drug use has lowered one’s work performance, or may be subjecting other staff members to imminent danger.
A urine drug test is the most common form of drug testing used to detect the presence of substance abuse.
Here are a few tips for your next drug screen:
- Do not consume illegal drugs
- Don’t take a drug detox, in order to cheat or mask the test. These kits are very unlikely to work in your favor, regardless what is advertised.
- Be on time for your drug screen appointment.
- Bring your photo I.D.
- Drink plenty of water or fluids prior to your appointment.
- If you are on prescribed medications, tell the collector before the test.
Good luck in getting – or keeping – your job!