TERMS & CONDITIONS
By utilizing the services of DNA Services UNLIMITED (DNASU) and by receiving chain of custody forms for drug testing, each employer, and their affiliates, officers, agents, employees, contractors, assignees and successors hereby agree to the following:
- Employer agrees to pay in full for all tests that are conducted pursuant to a chain of custody form provided to an employer by DNASU for the purposes of a drug test. The employer agrees to make payment as each test is performed or set up a monthly auto generated payment plan.
- Employer understands and agrees that the services provided by DNASU are offered for pre-employment screening services, pursuant to a written consent by the applicant. If the testing is used for any other employment related purposes, employer agrees and understands that employer should consult with an attorney or other appropriate professional to determine whether its use of the drug test is proper and legal under the circumstances.
- Employer indemnifies and holds harmless DNASU and its affiliates, officers, agents, directors or employees, from any liability and claims whatsoever arising out or from any alleged errors, deficiencies, or inaccuracies in the matter of drug testing/screening, or in the way or manner in which the urine was analyzed by our contracted laboratory, or analyzed by a Medical Review Officer/or related in any way to any applicant or hiring decision stemming from employer’s use of DNASU. Any damages are limited to the cost of the test. In the event of any dispute, all matters are subject to the laws of the State of California. In addition, any employer utilizing these services agrees to mandatory arbitration as the sole and exclusive remedy to resolve any disputes or disagreement.
- In the event a result is challenged by a person who takes the test, the responsibility and liability of DNASU is to arrange for the test taker to have the opportunity to have the sample split and examined at a laboratory of their own choice, provided that the test taker first prepays whatever customary fee is set by the laboratory for the split sample, and the name and address of the test takers laboratory is provided. DNASU has no further responsibility. Client understands that any further responsibility is with the laboratory, or medical review officer that is involved with the test.
- DNASU does not render any opinions as to whether a person should be hired/fired. Although DNASU takes steps to assure all of its procedures are in compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations, DNASU does not provide any legal services or opinions.
- DNASU reserves the right to modify fees upon thirty days notice.
- Employer hereby agrees that it will follow all federal, state and local law that regulates drug testing, that all information will be kept confidential and private and will remain confidential, that it will be used for legal employment decisions only, and maintained privately and secure.
- All of the terms and conditions above are material to the decision by DNASU to act as a Drug Collection Site, and there can be no alteration, modifications to amendments to the above terms and conditions unless it is in writing and signed by all parties.
EMPLOYER DRUG TESTING INFORMATION
Did you know…
Sixty-five percent of all accidents on the job are related to drug or alcohol abuse? Illegal substance users utilize 16 times as many health care benefits and are six times more likely to file workers compensation claims then non-users.
How is the testing performed?
Employers send their applicants to DNA Services UNLIMITED where a urine sample is obtained. Negative results are normally available within 24 hours, positive results can take up to 72 hours or longer due to the drug confirmation process.
Most employers utilize a standard five-panel test of “street drugs,” consisting of Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, PCP, Opiates (such as codeine and morphine) and Amphetamines (including methamphetamine). Some employers use a ten-panel test, which includes prescription drugs that are legal to possess and use. Employers can also test for alcohol.
Although each drug and person is different, most drugs will stay in the system for 2-4 days. For chronic users of certain drugs, such a marijuana or PCP, results can be detected for up to 14 days, and sometimes much longer. Sedatives, such as Valium, may stay in the system for up to 30 days. When the more expensive hair testing method is used, drugs can be detected for a 90-day period. To avoid the complications from “second hand” marijuana smoke, most labs will set a higher threshold before reporting THC in the system.
Most employers will insist that a job applicant give the urine sample within a specific period of time, so that a drug user does not wait until the drugs leave the system. DNASU and their contracted laboratory have ways to determine if the applicant has attempted to alter the test sample.
What happens if there is a positive test or abnormal test?
DNASU’s contracted lab have extensive procedures to re-confirm a positive test before reporting it. If the positive test is confirmed, the subject has the right to pay for a retesting of the sample they gave, they can select a laboratory of their choice. Urine samples for all positive tests are retained for that purpose. Merely taking a new test is not helpful since the drugs may have left the system. Reputable and certified laboratories will stand behind their results and provide expert witnesses, although the chances of a false positive is practically nil.
If a current employee tests positive, then the employer must follow the policies and procedures they have put into place. Some employers will utilize an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which can arrange for professional assessment and treatment recommendations. All drug-testing results should be maintained on a confidential basis separate from an employees’ personnel file.
DRUG SCREEN EMPLOYER SET UP
Setting up for Pre-Employment Drug Screening with DNA Services UNLIMITED (DNASU) is easy as 1, 2, 3:
Step one: Complete and submit Employer Drug Screen Application
There is no set-up fee, minimum usage or contract. The service is on a pay-per-use basis. You can cancel at anytime. DNASU will assign an account number and send requisition forms that should accompany applicants when reporting for a drug screen.
- Employer can pay on a per test bases.
- Employer can give credit card authorization to DNASU to access after each test or on a monthly bases.
- DNASU can invoice monthly for services rendered.
Step Two: Send applicant to DNASU for drug screen with requisition form.
Applicant must have valid photo ID for testing.
The employer should fill in the name and social security number of the applicant on the form. It is good practice to have applicants sign a consent form before requesting a pre-employment drug test.
Step Three: Receive your results from DNASU.
DNASU will only release results to employer unless otherwise instructed. Negative results are normally available within 24 hours, positive results can take up to 72 hours or longer due to the drug confirmation process.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please do not hesitate to call DNASU at 800-215-9948 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYER DRUG TESTING PRICES
1 – 10
11 – 20
21 – UP
*EXPRESS – 5 Panel (PRICE PER PERSON)
10 Panel (PRICE PER PERSON)
1 – 10
11 – 20
21 – UP
5 Panel (PRICE PER PERSON)
5 Panel + Opiates (PRICE PER PERSON)
- Amphetamines (Meth, Ecstasy)
- Cocaine (Cocaine, Benzoylecgonine, Cocaethylene, Norcocaine)
- Opiates (Codeine, Morphine & 6-MAM (Heroine metabolite)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Marijuana (Carboxy – THC)
- Oxycodone (Oxycotin, Percodan/Percocet)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab/Lorcet)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- 5 panel + Barbiturates
PRE EMPLOYMENT, RANDOM, REASONABLE SUSPICION, POST INCIDENT, & BACK TO WORK DRUG TESTING SERVICES
*EXPRESS 5 PANEL TEST RESULTS AVAILABLE IN AS LITTLE AS 30 MINUTES