- Oprah Winfrey. Oprah is probably the BIGGEST celebrity to ever have her DNA analyzed. Back in 2006, Winfrey appeared on the PBS documentary African American Lives and found out that her heritage can be traced back to Kpelle people than reside in what is now known as Liberia.
2. Ellen Degeneres. Did you know that Ellen is royalty? She didn’t initially know either! But after doing some digging, Degeneres found that she is Kate Middleton’s 15th cousin, and ALSO related to Queen Elizabeth II as well (she’s her cousin 19th removed). It really is a small world after all…
- Anthony Anderson. Anthony Anderson was born and raised in Compton, CA, but after researching his heritage through DNA testing, he found out that he ancestors come from Bioko Island (now known as the Equatorial Guinea), and from Cameroon. Anderson has said, “Since I was a kid, I said that this is my purpose in my life – to entertain, to have an effect on people’s lives with my work. And to now know that there’s direct lineage to the artists of Africa, my life and work has been validated.”
- Snoop Dogg. Most of the time, people that are tracing their DNA don’t know much of their heritage, but sometimes people think they know something and are surprised at the result. Snoop Dogg, for example, believed that he was solely from Sub-Saharan Africa, but after he took a DNA test, he learned that he is 71% Sub-Saharan African, 23% Native American and 6% European.
- Steven Tyler. Steven Tyler may have had his musical talents passed down from by many generations. Tyler and his daughter, Liv, appeared on TLC’s “Who Do You Think You Are?” and found out that they are related to Robert Elliot, who was a drummer boy during the War of 1812, and his son George Elliot who was also a drummer during the Civil War.